Wednesday, February 4, 2015

fundraising: A stressful but exciting time

    A couple of months ago, I started the process of raising support for my mission to Tumu, Ghana.  To be honest, the process of writing letters and sharing my vision can be so exciting at times, yet very stressful at others.  Seeing how generous people are and watching how God provides little by little is amazing!  At the same time it is hard to not worry about all the details involved with planning: the finances, more immunizations, coordinating travel plans, and on and on. Trusting God with everything is not always easy! It's hard, but I know that it is worth everything to be led by such an awesome God.

    I have to continue to give up control of my life every day and surrender completely to God and to remind myself that God is in control not me.  He is my provider and this journey to Africa would not be possible without Him!

    To date my financial support is coming along sure and steady. Thank you to all who have responded and given so generously!  I still need about $13,000 in support and am trusting that God will provide.

    My prayer focus this month:
          1.  Trust God to provide for all my needs, both big and small.
          2.  No problems receiving immunizations
          3.  Direction in planning for my departure
 

Also I just received my prayer cards and will be sending them out soon.  Be sure to look for yours in the mail!



Blessings,
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment