Monday, May 18, 2015

I finally made it to Tumu!!!

Hello friends!

It has been two weeks since I arrived in Ghana, and after orientation and LOTS of traveling I have finally made it to Tumu.  Praise God for safe travels, He has been so faithful and continues to provide all of my needs!  I am so excited to start this new life in Tumu.  I will spend this week getting settled into my new home, learning the local language Sisaali, learning about this culture, and getting to know the amazing people of Tumu.
God has definitely taken me way out of my comfort zone and it has been pretty challenging at times, but it is so worth it to see God at work, and I can't wait to see what else he has in store.  I am overwhelmed with His grace and peace, He strengthens me each day and I could not do this without him.



View from my room
Another view from my room

The road to Tumu!



Prayer request;
1. I would quickly pick up on some of the language.
2. Continue trusting in God.
3. That God would lead us as we start the planning for the children ministries.
4. That our windows would get fixed soon so no more bugs! Haha


Blessings,
Josie

2 comments:

  1. Nice so glad you finally made it Josie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Josie!! It's encouraging to read this as I begin to stretch out of my own comfort zone...and I'm still just waiting at the London airport ;) Praying for you!! I wish I could swing by and visit you girls! :) - Annie

    ReplyDelete